- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
MORE THAN PINK Walk Team Captain Resources
We’re hard at work, creating a memorable experience for all at the Komen New Jersey MORE THAN PINK Walk. Thank you for all you do to support our region’s breast cancer community — helping us to reach this year’s goal of raising $650,000!
2020 Top Corporate Teams
Johnson & Johnson, Captain: Melissa Surdez |$45,508.31
Local 825, Captain: Diane Papa | $7,873.33
TD for the Cure, Captain: Celia Moncholi| $7,776.53
BD, Captain: Wendy Lemke | $7,362.40
Provident Women, Captain: Valerie Davila | $6,870.08
Join us for the 2021
Komen New Jersey MORE THAN PINK Walk!
Sunday, October 3, 2021
Thank you for your interest in setting up a team for Susan G. Komen New Jersey’s annual MORE THAN PINK Walk!
This event is our largest annual fundraiser, attracting thousands to walk in support of our mission to end breast cancer forever. We are coming together with our communities to raise funds, honor survivors and celebrate the lives of those who lost their fight against breast cancer.
Start a MORE THAN PINK Walk Team
Why form a Komen New Jersey MORE THAN PINK Walk team?
- Show your commitment to the community.
- Offers friends and family a chance to bond with team spirit.
- Unite with other people who have committed to the Komen New Jersey vision of a world without breast cancer.
How easy is it to start a team and recruit members?
- Visit the Walk site at KomenNewJersey.org/Walk, sign up and start your team. The site makes it easy to personalize your personal and team pages, upload your contact list and email directly or copy your team page and send a personal email.
- Send an email to friends, family and employees about the Walk team and ask them to join your team!
- Add information about your team and recruit members on social media.
Virtual Fundraising Ideas
- Virtual Komen Cocktail Hour – Everyone donates $5, you can video chat and play some online games!
- Social Media Garage sale – Get your house tidy and earn some money from your unused stuff.
- Teach a New Hobby or Skill- Have a special skill? Teach your hobby to other for a small fee.
- Offer an online class to teach others – Do you like to work out, sing or cook? Offer an online class in exchange for donations. The possibilities are endless!
- Virtual Trivia Night- Get a group together for game night! Everyone team gives a donation towards your team!
- Online Product Party- Host a virtual party with homemade products!
Host a Kickoff Event
Just getting your team started? Let Komen do the hosting for you! We can set up an online webinar with customized team material to help recruit members and ramp-up your fundraising! Make a fun activity with games, prizes and light refreshments. This will be a bonding experience and a great way to give back to your community in the fight against breast cancer.
What resources will Komen New Jersey provide for a Corporate Team?
- Promote your corporate involvement by with a branded printed flyer where your company can fill in team details.
- Host a Registration Rally for employees in your office or preferred site to increase engagement and excitement about your company’s involvement with Komen.
- Organize a “lunch & learn” event with Komen staff to educate your employees about breast cancer risks for women and men, available resources, along with different ways to get involved with the Walk.
- Assist with personalizing team page with photos and text.
- Create and share email communication on behalf of company leadership or team captain to encourage past team members and donors to participate in 2019.
- Develop and manage a customized paper-based registration process if required.
- Equip team captains with a “Team Box” containing postcards, paper registration forms, lip balms and Komen information to hand out to team members and donors.
- Receive a complimentary team sign on Walk day for teams with 25 or more participants.
Enjoy complimentary space in Team VIP Tent for teams that fundraise $5,000 or more.